Sunday, April 6, 2014

PHOENIX

I was contacted by a fellow sculptor and asked if I would consider making my rendition of a Phoenix.
Well Luke, here is my concept:
      The base will be black marble with a pile of black/gray ashes.
      The tail of the Phoenix will be colored feathers which rise from the ashes with intermittent            
      patches of ashes.
     The body of the female will begin to form from the ashes coming up the tail as the feathers of
     the bird start turning into tattoos on the female's back.
     The upper part of the bird will be all tatoo as she becomes a woman with a tattoo.






















Next time we will outline the armature.
Have a great day! 
Mark 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing imagination. She is going to be something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting concept, I don't think I have seen such an interpretation of "Fenix" before...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mark, I was over the moon when I saw you mention this will be your next piece; this piece is going to be spectacular. Am looking forward to watching this piece progress and evolve and hopefully if you’ll let me own it!! Luke

    ReplyDelete